Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vacations Make Me Happy


I have to just say how nice it is to escape the "real" world
and go live in a postcard for several days.
This little cabin above is a converted one-room schoolhouse
that my husband, Doug and I rented last week for our
Vermont getaway.


The views from our little resort set atop a mountain
were breathtaking.  This was the first time in many
y e a r s that we've gone away just the two of us.
Our son, Jake's now sixteen and having a blast studying
in D.C. this Summer--so we took advantage
of our time together.


Doug and I had lots of fun doing basically nothing together.




Well, maybe not "nothing"...
We looked at cows.



Sat on benches.


Pet the goats.


Ate delicious food in cute, little restaurants.


Took many walks.




And stopped to smell the flowers.

xo
Beth










6 comments:

  1. Thank you Beth...looking at your photos made me feel like I just had a mini break :-) ...Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the views are incredible! I love the cow photos with the fog in the background. What a great place to sit and do nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful Beth. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest sweet Beth, so happy to know you had an awesome getaway! That place looks gorgeous and so peaceful. I really adore that gorgeous pink door. :) Have a lovely merry happy mid-week and love to yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Beth! As I look at those photos which are a million miles away from where I live, I am faced with having to live vicariously through you! It really does look like a postcard - thanks for sharing :) X Donna

    ReplyDelete