Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day Two of My "Do What You Love" Journey--The City of London

in order to explore ALL of London in one day,
i took an open air bus tour of the city.
it was an incredibly fun way to get
an idea of the layout, the architecture, and
all the excitement taking place.
here's a photographic sampling of what
i saw, enjoy.

London Bridge

the London Eye

Trafalgar Square

Trafalgar Square

Trafalgar Square

loved the London architecture

so many chimneys!

a touch of pink

a case at Harrod's filled with marzipan,
candied fruits, and Turkish taffies

i brought a few of these beautiful marzipan fruits
home for my son

my travel companion, Nadiya (also my sister-in-law).
obviously infatuated by the sweets, too

please come back tomorrow where i'll highlight all the
wonder that took place for me at the retreat.

xo
Beth












10 comments:

  1. I really, really want to go back to Europe. I loved it there!

    Thanks for sharing.

    SMiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing. Is that a bride and groom I see in Trafalgar Square?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool to see london via your eyes. and love your work by the way, checked out your etsy site. cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a great time in London!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - enjoying seeing the London part of your trip. And also enjoying seeing your work - had a wee look at your Etsy shop - very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw I love seeing your photos, you have a good eye. It does however make me miss london... and what's that ship in a bottle at trafalgar square?
    It must be newish, because I've never seen it before. I haven't been home for about 3 years....
    I hope you had a wonderful retreat....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photo of the chimneys ... can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us!!! Can't wait for more!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "in order to explore ALL of London in one day, i took an open air bus tour of the city."

    That's always what I advise a first-time visitor to London to do, take a bus or river tour. That way, you can tick off all the major sights and shortlist the ones you'd like to see in more detail.

    Overall though, my favourite bit of London is Covent Garden. Last December, mum and I booked into serviced apartments in Covent Garden, just for a weekend, but when we came home, it felt like we'd had a week's holiday. Hot chestnuts, mulled wine and one memorable rendition of "We Wish You A Merry Christmas", in which a passer-by started singing it at the top of his lungs and little by little, people started joining in.

    I do love London. It's been too long since I've visited.

    ReplyDelete