Thursday, April 28, 2011

buckets of love


so here we go, a sneak peak into my new product line.
i've decided to add decoupage, galvanized buckets
to my line.  it's something that you might have
seen in gift shops along your travels.  
the truth is i hold this particular item very near
and dear to my heart.
about 10 years ago, i started a company in which
i came up with the idea of completely covering metal
buckets with my images.  after careful thought and
several attempts, i figured out the perfect
way to "wrap" my designs around the metal shapes,
achieving full-coverage and resulting in a
decorative, useful and quite popular product.


my company grew and grew.  i was selling to shops all over the
country and some international stores as well.  some of the
stores include: ABC Carpet and Home, Anthropologie,
Dylan's Candybar, even Harrod's of London.
my buckets were even featured in lots of popular magazines.


after several years in the home decor industry,
i had a falling out with my business partners and sold
my shares of the company.
i've truly enjoyed the past few years of my creative
endeavors.  i have a great studio, a wonderful
etsy shop, and fun freelance work.


the truth is that everyone always loved the "buckets".
i have so many designs in my portfolio at this
point i thought, 'wouldn't it be fun to see some of
these designs decorating a useful item?'


i'm very excited about all the possibilities i have in featuring
my artwork this way.  in the next few weeks i'll be
sharing with you new buckets, ideas for different ways
to use them, and a wonderful giveaway.

xo
Beth







12 comments:

  1. Beth these are gorgeous! Sending you buckets of love all the way from Australia...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting - happy that you are going back to this fantastic idea!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Beth!! I just shared them on facebook!!! They are sooo cool!!! I am so glad you are doing them again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! These are gorgeous!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, they're wonderful! The designs are terrific! You've got a winner for sure with this idea as you know from your past experience. Keep the momentum going and have much renewed luck with them! Caryn S-S

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to give you all a big hug for your sweet comments and support!
    THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth, I love your buckets!!! They are wonderful. Will you have them available in your Etsy Shop???

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOPPS!! I just noticed that they are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just found your blog...love your art :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely buckets, recent visitor, i like the colors you use! Greetings from South Africa

    ReplyDelete