Monday, September 13, 2010

TileMANIA!


 

So i have 44 tiles in all, not a huge job but from where I'm sitting they look like miles of tiles!  Actually, I love how this job came out.  I designed and produced the tiles for a friend of mine who's opening a funky boutique (Avenue P. in Larchmont, NY if you're every in the area) in a few weeks.  The tiles are going to be installed on an existing wooden window seat.  I'll be sure to share photos of the finished project when I have them.  These are ceramic tiles with printed images adhered directly to the surface.  They're not durable enough for floors, but for trim they're going to work just fine.  I have some other plans for this type of tile which I'm going to be offering in my Etsy shop very soon.  Can't wait to share that with you, too!


12 comments:

  1. these are stunning--you are so talented! Like the look of your site too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these! can't wait to see them installed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice... I remember doing tile design in school. It was fun. Love the color. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Beth ... I love your spot here, your studio is awesome and the tiles are terrific as is your shop ... Are you planning an Open studio for the Holidays? Girl you are FlyN with wings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they will look fab in your friends store...hope you share some shots of them installed:D congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you all for the sweet comments xo

    @Sonya-Funny you should ask about an open studio. I am in the midst of figuring out the logistics with my studio neighbor because I would LOVE to do something before the holidays this year. Will keep you posted : D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. I love those tiles. I make tiles in ceramics, not for floors. Those designs are gorgeous! For sure they will look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful! You must post pics after installation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest beth, the design of these tiles are GORGEOUS!! I really love them and how wonderful to knwo you specially design it for your friend's shop! If only i stay close i would visit your friend's funky boutique!! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to seeing the finished job.
    I will be sure to share it with you all, it should be interesting.
    xo

    ReplyDelete